January 25, 2023
As a reminder, TRICARE covers COVID-19 tests at no cost when ordered by a TRICARE-authorized provider.
TRICARE does not cover COVID-19 testing that is not medically necessary for those who have no symptoms*. You should be on alert for fraud schemes related to COVID-19 testing.
- The US Health and Human Services is warning about testing sites, phone calls, texts, social media and in-person visits for these COVID-19-related scams.
- By asking questions about vaccine status, selling fake testing kits (both at-home and door-to-door) and requesting enrollment into bogus trials, scammers are gathering personal details
- Never share your personal or health information with anyone other than a trusted medical professional.
- Remember, if it is too good to be true, it usually is. Be cautious if you get an offer from an unknown source and make sure it is real before acting.
* Exceptions exist for Active Duty Service Members (ADSM).
Network vs. non-network provider
COVID Symptoms and Testing | TRICARE
Fraud Alert: COVID-19 Scams | Office of Inspector General | Government Oversight | U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (hhs.gov)