May 18, 2020
In an effort to support access to care for beneficiaries, we have automatically extended certain outpatient referrals and authorizations an additional 180 days. Humana Military has automatically updated the referral/authorization end dates and the updates are reflected in beneficiary self-service.
- We have extended already-approved outpatient referrals and authorizations that expire(d) between March 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020. Please note exceptions below.
- Extensions are for a duration of 180 days from the original expiration date. The number of approved visits did not change.
- Extensions apply to active duty and non-active duty beneficiaries.
Note: TRICARE eligibility guidelines still apply. Additionally, certain TRICARE benefits are only available to specific beneficiary categories (for example, dependents of active duty sponsors).
The following outpatient care types are excluded from the 180-day extension:
- Active duty Supplemental HealthCare Program (SHCP) waivers
- Audiology / Hearing aids
- Autism Care Demonstration (ACD)
- Behavioral healthcare
- Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)/Department of Defense (DoD) Memorandum of Agreement (MOA)
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
- Home healthcare
- Line of Duty (LOD)
- Maternity-related services
- Stem cell transplant