Bene hero

Changing your PCM

You may change your PCM at any time provided the new PCM is accepting new patients and your request complies with local military hospital guidelines.

If you have selected a civilian PCM from the online provider locator or you wish to change to another PCM within the military hospital, you have three ways to submit your change:

  • Call 1-800-444-5445 for the quickest, most convenient way to change
  • Submit your change through the online Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) . It will be effective six days from the time it was submitted.
  • Or complete a TRICARE Prime Enrollment and PCM change form with the new PCM’s name and location. You need to complete the sponsor section, the section related to the PCM change and the signature section. The change will become effective based on when the PCM change form is received.
  • Once your PCM change is processed, you will be either e-mailed or mailed a postcard with the new PCM name and telephone number.
  • All change requests are subject to the military hospital commander guidelines. PCM changes are effective based on when we receive the request: please do not seek services until you receive confirmation of the change.