You may change your PCM at any time provided the new PCM is accepting new patients and your request complies with local military hospital guidelines.
If you have selected a civilian PCM from the online provider locator or you wish to change to another PCM within the military hospital, you have three ways to submit your change:
- Call 1-800-444-5445 for the quickest, most convenient way to change
- Submit your change through the online Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE). If you select the default date of six days in the future, the effective date of the change will be made retroactive to the date the request was submitted. Should you select a date other than the default date, your change request effective date will not be changed.
- Or complete a TRICARE Prime Enrollment and PCM change form with the new PCM’s name and location. You need to complete the sponsor section, the section related to the PCM change, the signature section and the Access to Care (ATC) section (if applicable). The change will become effective based on when the PCM change form is received.
- Once your PCM change is processed, you will receive either an e-mail or postcard with instructions to access milConnect for the new PCM name and telephone number.
- All change requests are subject to the military hospital commander guidelines. PCM changes are effective based on when we receive the request: please do not seek services until you receive confirmation of the change.