- Have you ever felt you should cut down on your drinking or drug use?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing your drinking or drug use?
- Have you ever felt bad or guilty about your drinking or drug use?
- Have you ever had a drink or used drugs first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?
If you responded yes to one or more of these questions, you may be experiencing symptoms of substance abuse. This does not mean that you have an SUD, but it may mean that it is time
to discuss these symptoms with your doctor.
*Drug use includes illegal drug use and the use of prescription medications other than prescribed.
TRICARE may cover:
- Inpatient services (emergency and non-emergency)
- Intensive outpatient programs
- Management of withdrawal symptoms (detoxification)
- Medication assisted treatment
- Behavioral health therapeutic services
- Office based opioid treatment
- Opioid treatment programs
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Residential SUD treatment
TRICARE does not cover aversion therapy or unproven treatments.
*This list of covered services is not all inclusive.