Are diabetes screenings covered?
Your PCM determines whether you should get a screening. Talk to your provider about your risk factors and/or any symptoms you may be experiencing.
What are the signs and symptoms?
If you experience any of the following symptoms, you may need to see your provider to get your blood sugar checked:
- Urinate a lot, often at night
- Extreme thirst or hunger
- Lose weight without trying
- Blurry vision
- Numbness or tingling in hands or feet
- Dry skin
- Sores that heal slowly
- Have more infections than usual
Am I at risk?
The following are risk factors for diabetes:
- Overweight or obese
- Age 45 or older
- Have a parent or sibling with Type 2 diabetes
- Physically active less than three times a week
- Had gestational diabetes or given birth to a baby weighing over nine pounds
- Are African American, Hispanic/Latino American, American Indian or Alaska native