To remove your Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) selection, you must submit a signed declaration that specifically states ALL of the following:
- I am not FEHBP eligible
- I selected FEHBP eligibility in error when enrolling in TRICARE Reserve Select (TRS)
- I would like the FEHBP removed from my Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) record
To submit via fax or mail, please include the following on your cover letter:
- Sponsor's name
- Sponsor's Social Security Number (SSN) or Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) personal identifier
- Preferred telephone number
- Reason for this correspondence: NEED TO REMOVE FEHBP FROM DEERS
- Sponsor’s signature
Below are the ways you can send your request to remove your FEHBP selection:
- Fax: For instructions on where to fax your cover letter and declaration to DMDC/DEERS Support Office (DSO), call (800) 336-4416 or (502) 335-9980.
- US Mail:
DMDC Contact Center
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771
- Email: Attach your declaration to an encrypted email message and send the message via handshake to the DSO at: email@example.com.
For information on sending a handshake email message, see Protecting your Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when sending email to Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) Support for detailed instructions.
If you are a Common Access Card (CAC) holder: Include the following information in the encrypted email message:
EMAIL SUBJECT: NEED TO REMOVE FEHBP FROM DEERS
If you are not a CAC holder, include the above information as an email attachment, not in the email message itself. Please note, this process can take up to ten business days for the FEHBP department to correct.
Once corrected, please notify Humana Military at (877) 298-3408.