The TRICARE East Region payer ID is TREST
It will need to be placed in the following data elements within your X12 837 claim files:
- NM1-09 (with 40 qualifier)
I have a clearinghouse
Providers who use clearinghouses to process their claims need to enroll via EDI express enrollment in order to process claims and set up EFT/ERA.
To set–up Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), providers (or groups where applicable):
- Must enroll for electronic claims submission
- Must sign, and have on file, a Trading Partner Claims Agreement (“Agreement”) prior to submission of electronic claims
- Must complete a self-registration process that includes an initial registration and the necessary request forms and business agreement(s)
- Should sign up for EFT/ERA to ensure faster payment
Register for an account now
Need help enrolling?
Contact EDI helpdesk for assistance for any inquiries on online claims, ERA and EFT or any other EDI-related issues.
I do not have a clearinghouse
Providers who do not use a clearinghouse to process their claims can submit claims through provider self-service.
Ensure faster payments by signing up for EFT/ERA