December 20, 2022
On Jan. 1, 2023, the Kroger family of pharmacies will leave the TRICARE network. This includes pharmacies at Kroger, Harris Teeter, Fred Meyer, Smith’s Food and Drug and King Soopers. After this date, if you fill a prescription at a Kroger family pharmacy, you will have to pay the full price*.
You still have a large network of retail pharmacies near where you live, and you can continue to use TRICARE Home Delivery and military pharmacies.
Here are ways to transfer your drug prescriptions (for non-specialty medications):
- Call the new pharmacy to transfer the prescription, or ask your doctor to call.
- Bring the prescription label to your new pharmacy.
- Ask your doctor to send a prescription electronically to TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery if your drug is available.
- Move eligible prescriptions.
- Call (877) 363-1303, and choose option 3.
*You may file a claim for reimbursement to get the retail non-network pharmacy co-payments.
On Jan. 1, 2023, the TRICARE retail pharmacy network for specialty drugs will change to Accredo. In order to pay only network copays, you must move the prescription to a network pharmacy on or before this date. Here are ways to transfer your specialty prescriptions:
- Accredo Specialty Pharmacy
- Another network pharmacy
- TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery or
- A military pharmacy
Here are some tips for filling your specialty medication prescription:
- Check with your local military pharmacy to see if they stock the drug and if so, how to transfer your prescription
- Find participating pharmacies through the TRICARE formulary search tool
- Call Accredo at (877) 882-3324
- Home infusion medications can be dispensed and will be covered by the pharmacies listed above and home infusion providers.
- Beneficiaries prescribed compound medications will need to fill their prescriptions at a network pharmacy. If a beneficiary is unable to locate a pharmacy or needs additional support, please email Express Scripts