Beneficiaries have the option to seek urgent care treatment at an urgent care center or by seeing a TRICARE network provider with one of the following primary specialty designation:
- Family practice
- Internal medicine; general practice
- Urgent care center or convenience clinics
- Obstetricians/Gynecologists (OB/GYN)
- Physician Assistants (PA)
- Nurse Practitioners (NP)
- Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM)
Urgent care center
Beneficiaries can receive care at any TRICARE-authorized urgent care center or convenience clinic. Cost shares will apply, as shown below.
TRICARE Prime beneficiaries will not incur point-of-service deductibles and cost shares if the urgent care center or convenience clinic is TRICARE-authorized and either network or non-network.
TRICARE Prime cost-shares for urgent care center visits:
- ADFM - Group A/Group B: $0
- Retiree - Group A/Group B: $31
TRICARE Select cost-shares for urgent care center visits:
- ADFM - Group A: $24 in-network / 20% of allowable for out-of-network
- ADFM - Group B: $22 in-network / 20% of allowable for out-of-network
- Retiree - Group A: $32 in-network / 25% of allowable for out-of-network
- Retiree - Group A: $44 in-network / 25% of allowable for out-of-network
TRICARE network provider
Must be a network provider that is a specialty that could be a PCM, but does not have to be a PCM. Primary care cost shares apply.